[LEAPSECS] LEAPSECS Digest, Vol 88, Issue 31

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Wed Jan 15 10:44:46 EST 2014

In message <CEFC056F.7CAC%kevin.birth at qc.cuny.edu>, Kevin Birth writes:

Kevin,

Do you happen to know if the church actually did ban negative numbers
for some period of time ?

I've seen several popular references claim that the church banned
negative numbers as "the devils numbers" etc, but I've not seen
anything about this subject from what I'd call trustworthy sources.

phk at FreeBSD.ORG | TCP/IP since RFC 956
FreeBSD committer | BSD since 4.3-tahoe