[LEAPSECS] presentations from AAS Future of Time sessions

Gerard Ashton ashtongj at comcast.net
Fri Jan 17 07:49:48 EST 2014

I read a study from several years back that clocks and watches in hospitals
were not very well synchronized. Tomorrow I will be taking training as a
volunteer emergency medical technician on some new treatment protocols. One
of them is that if CPR has been in progress for 30 minutes, there are no
vital signs, and an automatic defibrillator does not advise any shock, the
person can be declared dead in the field and need not be transported to the
hospital. So synchronization of watches takes on new importance.

Gerard Ashton