[LEAPSECS] Common Calendar Time (CCT) -Brooks Harris

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Sat Jan 18 12:09:01 EST 2014

In message <71D95256-ADEE-4323-ADE4-B945643ABA43 at batten.eu.org>, Ian Batten wri
tes:

>On 18 Jan 2014, at 11:28, Poul-Henning Kamp <phk at phk.freebsd.dk> wrote:

>> For instance I doubt you'll find any UK politician willing to push

>> a s/GMT/$whatever/ legislation since that will just feed the UKIP

>> trolls and become a factor in the Scottish independence referendum.

>I'm not sure that's true.

The question is not if it matters substantially, which, as you
argue, it most likely does not, but rather if any politician would
be willing to go to bat for a new timescale, facing even the tiniest
risk that it could matter.

I don't think any will.

phk at FreeBSD.ORG | TCP/IP since RFC 956
FreeBSD committer | BSD since 4.3-tahoe