[LEAPSECS] Birth date question

Clive D.W. Feather clive at davros.org
Sun Jan 19 02:08:09 EST 2014

Gerard Ashton said:

> A while back a list member asked about how legal rules about time would

> affect the year shown on a person's birth certificate for a person born near

> midnight December 31 / January 1.

[...]

Memory says there was a case in "Uncommon Law" (the 1935 collection of
"Misleading Cases") relating to a birth of twins as a ship was passing
across the International Date Line. So it's not a new concern.

> PS: (I'm fudging the minutes due to imperfect memory) Dispatched on an

> ambulance call at 2:30 AM. Returned to quarters 2:15 AM.

End of summer time, right?

--
Clive D.W. Feather | If you lie to the compiler,
Email: clive at davros.org | it will get its revenge.