[LEAPSECS] Future time

Daniel R. Tobias dan at tobias.name
Sun Jan 19 10:34:41 EST 2014

On 18 Jan 2014 at 19:51, Warner Losh wrote:

> Of course, the 6 month window does make it impossible to compute a time_t for a known

> interval into the future that's longer than 6 months away...

What are the applications that actually need to schedule events more
than 6 months in the future that need to be precisely synchronized to
civil time at a resolution of under a second? Gee, I might miss the
plane for the airline reservation I made 7 months in advance if I
show up one second late! (Actually, both myself and the airline, if
we care about this level of detail, will have adjusted our
clocks/watches by flight day, including any leap seconds in the
interim, and I'll be right on time.)

--
== Dan ==