[LEAPSECS] Common Calendar Time (CCT) -Brooks Harris

Steve Allen sla at ucolick.org
Sun Jan 19 11:00:32 EST 2014

On Sun 2014-01-19T07:39:51 +0000, Clive D.W. Feather hath writ:

> When I was on the ISO C (*NOT* "ANSI c") committee, we looked at the issue.

> Then we asked the expert community (that is, you lot), to come up with a

> consensus proposal that we could look at. As far as I know, the committee

> is still waiting.

Where is the record of the communication?
To whom was it addressed and how was it sent?
If someone wants to contact the committee how should that be done?
Is there someone on the committee who has the spare time to engage
=> with someone from another community?
=> with someone on a national ITU-R working party?

Is there someone on a national ITU-R working party who has
=> the spare time to engage with the ISO C committee?
=> approval from the corporation that sponsors being on the party?
=> approval from that national government to pursue such contact?
=> mindset not to spurn the approach with a Foghorn Leghorn tone?

This is the sort of failure to communicate which is recorded in the
CCIR and IAU documents and other published memoirs through the 1960s
and 1970s. One group formed a tenuous compromise lacking in any
implementation detail, letters were asked to be sent to other groups
but that did not happen, other groups griped and capitulated that for
their purposes they could form their own interpretation which was
close enough for their purposes.

--
Steve Allen <sla at ucolick.org> WGS-84 (GPS)
UCO/Lick Observatory--ISB Natural Sciences II, Room 165 Lat +36.99855