[LEAPSECS] the big artillery

David Malone dwmalone at maths.tcd.ie
Wed Nov 5 12:15:19 EST 2014

On Wed, Nov 05, 2014 at 04:27:19PM +0000, Zefram wrote:
> UTC is always
> an integral number of seconds offset from TAI, and so by construction
> UTC(NPL) is always an integral number of seconds offset from TAI(NPL).

I don't see how the first follows from the second here, particularly
if you consider UTC(X) to be the transmitted version. For example,
if you transmit a second boundary at what you later identify to be
the wrong time, you can correct for that in your paper estimate of
TAI(X) so that it does may not align with UTC(X). This corrected
estimate of TAI(X) would then, presumably, be what as an input to
the calculation of TAI, and subsequently UTC.

	David.