[LEAPSECS] the big artillery

Alex Currant alexcurrant911 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 5 18:32:09 EST 2014

Despite what the recommendations might say, I think the TA(k) reported in the Circular T are not efforts by lab K to realize TAI.  They are probably unsteered timescales generated by the labs for their internal use.   The values for USNO and NIST are extremely large, for example.   That whole section of the Circular T could be just a vestigial contribution from a bygone era.    Those who needed to interface with civil time used UTC, and it seems those who needed a continuous timescale did whatever seemed easiest at the time.