[LEAPSECS] the big artillery

Zefram zefram at fysh.org
Thu Nov 6 06:46:40 EST 2014

Alex Currant via LEAPSECS wrote:
>Despite what the recommendations might say, I think the TA(k) reported
>in the Circular T are not efforts by lab K to realize TAI,

Indeed.  TA(k) are independent time scales, apparently not steered in
either phase or frequency.  They in fact run at a variety of frequencies
relative to TAI; it looks as though several, but not all, have the
frequency of proper time at the laboratory's altitude.

The recommendation that Michael Deckers referred to does not say
otherwise.  It defines "TA(k)" quite distinctly from "TAI(k)", such that
TAI(k) is a realisation of TAI but TA(k) has essentially no constraints.

-zefram