[LEAPSECS] the big artillery

Tony Finch dot at dotat.at
Fri Nov 7 07:57:05 EST 2014

Sanjeev Gupta <ghane0 at gmail.com> wrote:

> As a general rant, I still complain that (roughly) year 8 to year 12 of my
> schooling required me to learn stuff in physics, and then the next year,
> often the same teacher would tell me what I had learnt was wrong, and this
> was the correct way.

http://wiki.lspace.org/mediawiki/index.php/Lies-To-Children

"A “lie-to-children” is a statement which is false, but which nevertheless
leads the child’s mind towards a more accurate explanation, one that the
child will only be able to appreciate if it has been primed with the lie."

Tony.
Irish Sea: West becoming cyclonic 5 to 7, occasionally gale 8 later. Moderate
or rough, occasionally very rough in south. Squally showers. Good,
occasionally poor.