[LEAPSECS] Do lawyers care (know) about leap seconds?

Steffen Nurpmeso sdaoden at yandex.com
Wed Oct 1 09:50:30 EDT 2014

Tony Finch <dot at dotat.at> wrote:
 |Steffen Nurpmeso <sdaoden at yandex.com> wrote:

 |> their home planet, and engineers can use TAI for satisfying
 |> airplane schedule calculations for businessmen.
 |
 |No. Planning for human events in the future needs to be based on the local
 |time in a particular place. http://fanf.livejournal.com/104586.html

Oh, yes, this heated discussion made me erratic.
I'd use a date+time indicator plus a location indication too (i
said "organization-internal shorthand of TZID" for the latter on
the TZ list).

(Nonetheless i repeat that having TAI plus the current LEAPDRIFT
at hand would ease date and time calculation algorithms, and also
that i don't understand why the existing information is thrown
away instead of being delivered along with the UTC information
over NTP.)

--steffen