[LEAPSECS] Do lawyers care (know) about leap seconds?

Tony Finch dot at dotat.at
Thu Oct 2 05:27:01 EDT 2014

Ian Batten via LEAPSECS <leapsecs at leapsecond.com> wrote:

> I can't think of any (country, religion) pairs where the religion has a
> deep embedding of solar time and the country is sufficiently in hock to
> the religion that it would alter its civil timescale to suit.

There were some relics in the tz database of an attempt to support local
apparent solar time in Riyadh in the late 1980s, though it seems this was
an experiment with the code rather than an implementation of a time
standard that people actually used.

https://github.com/eggert/tz/commit/a9ac0f6938c416f724a52115ca7b0b7abb13c347

Tony.
Trafalgar: Cyclonic in northwest, otherwise mainly northerly or northwesterly
5 or 6. Slight or moderate. Showers in northwest. Good.