[LEAPSECS] Name of proleptic leap-secondless UTC

Gerard Ashton ashtongj at comcast.net
Wed Oct 15 11:20:35 EDT 2014

If the view put forward in Australia's document cited by Steve Allen
prevails, something serious is missing. Every time scale I've ever heard of
has a projection into the past, before the time scale was fully defined. Of
course, the precision of such projections is limited by the available data,
but people will insist on projecting every time scale into the past. So UTC
abandons the insertion of leap seconds at time F. What shall we call the
time scale which is formed by subtracting the desired number of SI seconds
from F and, if desired, expressing as a Gregorian or Julian calendar date
and time of day at quasi-Greenwich, where each day consists of exactly
86,400 SI seconds?

Gerard Ashton