[LEAPSECS] a big week for leaps at SG7 and WP7A

Michael Spacefalcon msokolov at ivan.Harhan.ORG
Tue Sep 30 10:27:16 EDT 2014

Tony Finch <dot at dotat.at> wrote:

> And I seem to remember from reading the materials that they also ignored
> the cultural damage that was done by the introduction of leap seconds in
> the first place, breaking a multi-thousand-year tradition of base 60
> fractions, making all mechanical clocks obsolete, and so on.

Red herring, the problem you are describing only occurs if you feed
the leap seconds "raw" directly to end users, which one should NOT do;
instead the LSs need to be passed through a smoothing function like
UTC-SLS or Leap Smear before being presented to non-technical end
users.

VLR,
SF