[LEAPSECS] Do lawyers care (know) about leap seconds?

Brooks Harris brooks at edlmax.com
Tue Sep 30 17:33:19 EDT 2014

Television, cable, and internet advertising. In broadcast (including
cable) the contracts are in video frames, in the North America and other
NTSC standards countries this is on the order of +- 1/30th second (with
some small variance for technical error). Lots and lots of commercials,
lots and lots of money, with lots and lots of liablity for not
broadcasting exactly what you promised. And its monitored by lots and
lots of lawyers.