[LEAPSECS] the year 2100

Steve Allen sla at ucolick.org
Mon Feb 2 21:17:24 EST 2015

On Wed 2015-01-28T17:05:16 +0000, Poul-Henning Kamp hath writ:
> So why don't you simply list all the estimates as we find them ?
>
> As far as I can tell, these guesses/estimates are not inferior to
> the ones you already list ?
>
> Listing them all would be sound science, and maybe the good ol'
> "Trust the median" will eventually help us, given enough estimates ?

I'm not so sure about that median.  I remember that science by vote
said the spiral nebulae were inside our own galaxy.  Predicting the
evolution of Delta T remains akin to predicting the weather in the
core of the earth, the amount of sea level rise, etc.

I now have a framework for presenting the Delta T estimates that I
know, and for continuing the discussion.  This web page lays them out

http://www.ucolick.org/~sla/leapsecs/year2100.html

If anyone's favorite estimate for Delta T is missing then kindly
point out the citation for its values.

--
Steve Allen                 <sla at ucolick.org>                WGS-84 (GPS)
UCO/Lick Observatory--ISB   Natural Sciences II, Room 165    Lat  +36.99855