[LEAPSECS] final report of the UK leap seconds dialog

mike at lumieresimaginaire.com mike at lumieresimaginaire.com
Thu Feb 5 03:22:18 EST 2015

Le 04.02.2015 15:49, Steve Allen a écrit :

Thanks for this and your previous mail. Are you aware of any other
countries which have 'polled' their populations? On first scan it is
clear that the British are concerned more about social/cultural issues
than with cost/technical arguments, even mentioning, and I find this
encouraging, that the UK deciders think out of the national box, taking
into account international cultural points of view.

Keep 'em coming.

Mike

> The final report of the UK leap seconds dialog is at
> http://leapseconds.co.uk/reports-findings-dialogue/ [1]
>
> Search for the word "congestion" where it looks as if it once had a
> footnote mentioning a system which has avoided leap second problems by
> adopting a purely atomic time scale.
>
> --
> Steve Allen <sla at ucolick.org> WGS-84 (GPS)
> UCO/Lick Observatory--ISB Natural Sciences II, Room 165 Lat +36.99855
> 1156 High Street Voice: +1 831 459 3046 Lng -122.06015
> Santa Cruz, CA 95064 http://www.ucolick.org/~sla/ [2] Hgt +250 m

Links:
------
[1] http://leapseconds.co.uk/reports-findings-dialogue/