[LEAPSECS] final report of the UK leap seconds dialog

Rob Seaman seaman at noao.edu
Thu Feb 5 10:19:34 EST 2015

Dr. Birth gave two excellent presentations at the 2013 Charlottesville colloquium, “Requirements for UTC and Civil Timekeeping on Earth”:

	http://futureofutc.org/preprints/files/30_AAS%2013-516_Birth.pdf *
	http://futureofutc.org/preprints/files/32_AAS%2013-517_Birth.pdf

These papers contain many dozens of citations, and I can also recommend his 2012 book, "Objects of Time: How Things Shape Temporality”.

I am grateful for the many fascinating temporal detours (or perhaps they are the main route?) to which the question of the future of UTC has led.

Rob
--
* The group discussions that followed were also quite good:

http://futureofutc.org/preprints/files/31_AAS%2013-516discussion.pdf
http://futureofutc.org/preprints/files/33_AAS%2013-517discussion.pdf