[LEAPSECS] Bulletin C and all that

Peter Vince petervince1952 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 05:12:55 EST 2015

Hey guys!

     I'm fascinated by the discussions to use DNS to deliver leap-second
and Bulletin C data, but this is way beyond my experience, and I don't
understand a lot of what is being said - I wonder if there is a simple
reference I might refer to, specifically:

Class E addresses?  Presumeably the first nybble of the 32-bit IP4 address
is an E ("1110"), ie 224.xxx.xxx.xxx ?  Are these reserved in the same way
that 192.168.xxx.xxx and 10.10.xxx.xxx appear to be?

and mention of A, AAA, and AAAA means nothing to me :-(

Sorry to distract you guys who DO know what you are talking about, but it
is interesting, and I would like to try an follow.

    Thank you,

         Peter