[LEAPSECS] Asia/Pacific and UK

Steve Allen sla at ucolick.org
Wed Feb 11 10:44:34 EST 2015

On Wed 2015-02-11T10:00:02 +0000, Peter Vince hath writ:
>      On that link I can only see a notice that the meeting is taking place
> this week.  Do you know what they decided at yesterday's meeting?

> On 11 February 2015 at 04:19, Steve Allen <sla at ucolick.org> wrote:
> > http://www.aptsec.org/2015-APG15-4

I'm surprised that the particular meeting was announced publicly, and
I can't imagine how its results could get out.  The APT meeting is one
of several that will contribute to the CPM later this month.  At
CPM15-2 there will be more wordsmithing of the draft document that
offers leap second options A1,A2,B,C1,C2.  The US wants to change
the wording, and it would not be surprising if the APT session
gathered input for changes they might propose.

I see that the UK has rescheduled its leap second webinar
https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/4728468811364657410
That will be March 10, so whatever the UK has decided and sees at
CPM15-2 might be revealed then.

--
Steve Allen                 <sla at ucolick.org>                WGS-84 (GPS)
UCO/Lick Observatory--ISB   Natural Sciences II, Room 165    Lat  +36.99855