[LEAPSECS] leap in june

Rob Seaman seaman at noao.edu
Thu Jan 8 12:32:17 EST 2015

Historically they issued leap seconds as early as practical.  For example, see “leap second scheduling” discussion at:

	http://iraf.noao.edu/~seaman/leap/

More recently that statisitical bias hasn’t been as obvious, but then there have been fewer samples.

One can hypothesize the factors that go into this decision or the stakeholders with a say, I’d prefer to hear from the decision-makers themselves if any are reading this :-)

Rob