[LEAPSECS] stale leap second information

Rob Seaman seaman at noao.edu
Fri Jan 16 16:32:40 EST 2015

On Jan 16, 2015, at 2:19 PM, Poul-Henning Kamp <phk at phk.freebsd.dk> wrote:

> In message <20150116205656.in5Lwal6%sdaoden at yandex.com>, Steffen Nurpmeso writes:
>
>> I consider it bad style to (1) misuse publically available A/AAAA
>> records with faked addresses and then in addition (2) use
>> non-private address ranges that may possibly clash real server
>> addresses.
>
> ...I'll support anything that works towards making
> it more manageable in the short term.

More to the point there’s no obvious way to keep someone like Tony Finch from doing this.

It would be useful to put together a few use cases and run prototype variations against them.  There’s no obvious reason why more than one format might not be made available for different purposes (and with careful curation).

One question is that surely somebody else must have thought of this for conveying other sorts of non-DNS community metadata?  What lessons might be learned?

Rob