[LEAPSECS] DNS examples

Steffen Nurpmeso sdaoden at yandex.com
Fri Jan 23 16:23:53 EST 2015

"G Ashton" <ashtongj at comcast.net> wrote:
 |to test inputs to be sure they are in the domain of the function. I have
 |found that many
 |published algorithms fail to state the earliest and latest date for which
 |they work. Finding out
 |will require much more than 10 seconds.

The function that has been stolen via third hand from
Communications of the ACM, Vol 6, No 8. is documented as working
for the period in between, and including, 01-01-01 and
65535-12-31, except that non-existing dates are unknown and leap
year calculations do not work correctly until the final
introduction of the gregorian date, 1582-10-15.
I hope that is still correct after so many copies.

--steffen