[LEAPSECS] Future Leap Seconds

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Tue Jan 27 01:58:37 EST 2015

> If Bulletin C contained a table of leap seconds for the next 6*N (for
> hopefully large values of N), a significant hassle to leap second
> implementation could be avoided as 6*N would approach the useful life of an
> embedded system for relatively small values of N and the embedded system
> wouldn?t have to guess based on incomplete or contradictory information like
> it does today (especially if this system isn?t connected to the internet).

I don't understand this case.  Can somebody give me an example of a system
that needs accurate time and isn't connected to a place where it can get leap
info?

The simple example would be a clock, say with a nice display.  But clocks
drift, so it would need a way to track the current time.  That means it is
"connected" to something like WWVB or GPS, and they both provide leap-pending
announcements.

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.