[LEAPSECS] The leap second, deep space and how we keep time -Brooks

mike at lumieresimaginaire.com mike at lumieresimaginaire.com
Wed Jan 28 12:10:44 EST 2015

Maybe we should find out if that is reasonable, or maybe just a
journalistic misunderstanding. That's is a huge difference to the
sources you quote. I was quite comfortable that there would be no more
than a couple of adjustments required per year out at 200yrs.
Unfortunately there are no sources quoted by Powers.

Le 28.01.2015 16:27, Steve Allen a écrit :

> On Wed 2015-01-28T15:10:09 +0000, Alex Currant via LEAPSECS hath writ:
>
>> I have trouble believing people who keep misleading and outdated information on their web pages
>
> Following up the issue from last week about how big will the
> difference between Atomic Time and Universal Time get during
> this century I note this followup by the Wall Street Journal
>
> http://blogs.wsj.com/numbers/reader-mailbag-second-guessing-on-leap-seconds-1919/ [1]
>
> Edward Powers of USNO estimates that AT and UT would differ by
> one hour in 500 years. That is a faster rate of divergence
> than anything on my web pages, and very different from the
> random walk estimate of Matsakis at USNO.
>
> If there is a problem with my web pages I will be happy to debate
> it either publicly or discus it privately.
>
> --
> Steve Allen <sla at ucolick.org> WGS-84 (GPS)
> UCO/Lick Observatory--ISB Natural Sciences II, Room 165 Lat +36.99855
> 1156 High Street Voice: +1 831 459 3046 Lng -122.06015
> Santa Cruz, CA 95064 http://www.ucolick.org/~sla/ [2] Hgt +250 m

Links:
------
[1]