[LEAPSECS] EBML: yet another date format?

Brooks Harris brooks at edlmax.com
Sun Jun 28 11:09:56 EDT 2015

On 2015-06-28 10:01 AM, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:
> --------
> In message <D524F9A4-AF79-4D1E-9250-5C31479B1221 at noao.edu>, Rob Seaman writes:
>
>> PHK and others make good points, but I’m still trying to
>> get past the "binary-file equivalent of XML”.
> You think that is bad ?  Then google "JSONx"...

Everyone loves standards, and everyone believes they can do it better
than whatever already got done. Of course nobody looks round for a
viable format before they build a new one. You really think you can do
better than the "Binary XML" that already exists and has 15 years of
development behind it at W3C?

Efficient XML Interchange Working Group
http://www.w3.org/XML/EXI/

Meantime the date and time subtleties are lost on most everybody,
including W3C, leading to more and more flawed date and time formats.
Are we having fun yet?  :-\

-Brooks