[LEAPSECS] countdown to WRC-15, CEPT ECC CPG

Steve Allen sla at ucolick.org
Mon Oct 5 15:02:58 EDT 2015

Hi Rob,

On Mon 2015-10-05T06:25:25 -0700, Rob Seaman hath writ:
> Consensus already exists that ITU can do whatever it wants by
> defining a new timescale under a new name.

The web hits are consistent with ongoing negotiations between parties
who are forging their voting positions in private exchanges.
The vote at WRC will probably not become public, and neither will the
considerations beforhand which led to the result.

The director here (hey, we have a director, finally) got an e-mail
from an artist who wants to attend WRC as an observer to inform her
upcoming art projects.  She has had no luck getting the attention of
her own nation's delegation and she wrote to here wondering if we knew
a way.  I had to write sadly that I suspect that most of the
cooperating organizations have already had their deadlines for setting
up credentials for WRC.

--
Steve Allen                 <sla at ucolick.org>               WGS-84 (GPS)
UCO/Lick Observatory--ISB   Natural Sciences II, Room 165   Lat  +36.99855