[LEAPSECS] leap seconds schedule prior to 1972

John Sauter John_Sauter at systemeyescomputerstore.com
Mon Apr 11 10:17:33 EDT 2016

I have proposed a schedule of leap seconds prior to 1972 based on the
Earth's rotation rate, which was deduced from ancient observations of
the Sun and Moon.  The complete paper is available on my web site, at

https://www.systemeyescomputerstore.com/proleptic_UTC.pdf.

I would be grateful for any criticism, particularly any suggestions for
improving the paper.  It is my goal to publish this paper on arXiv.org,
perhaps in the astro-ph section.

Here is the abstract:

Using ancient observations of the Sun and Moon, construct a time scale
using the modern definition of Coordinated Universal Time to cover the
past 3,000 years. Use the 20th century portion of that time scale to
construct a table of leap seconds from 1900 through 1971 for NTP.

    John Sauter (John_Sauter at systemeyescomputerstore.com)
--
PGP fingerprint = E24A D25B E5FE 4914 A603  49EC 7030 3EA1
9A0B 511E