[LEAPSECS] Leap Seconds schedule prior to 1972

Tom Van Baak tvb at LeapSecond.com
Thu Apr 21 18:03:02 EDT 2016

> I neglected to mention the URL for my revised paper.  It is
>
> https://www.systemeyescomputerstore.com/proleptic_UTC.pdf
>
>    John Sauter (John_Sauter at systemeyescomputerstore.com)

Hi John,

Given that your pUTC is pure fiction, though possibly useful fiction, did you consider a simple polynomial fit of the Morrison and Stephenson data, instead of those hideous, every-one-is-different, per-century and per-decade pseudo leap second tables of yours?

I'll try to put my finger on it, but there's something troubling about taking a table that clearly contains numbers of very low precision and then creating a table with algorithms and dates of high resolution.

I have more comments too, but let's start with this one.

Thanks,
/tvb