[LEAPSECS] Time math libraries, UTC to TAI

John Sauter John_Sauter at systemeyescomputerstore.com
Tue Dec 13 10:50:53 EST 2016

Eric,

I attach a set of time manipulation subroutines I have been working on.
 You can extract the sources from the PDF file using okular.

These subroutines manipulate time expressed as UTC coded in a tm
structure.  They extract the current time and allow addition and
subtraction of years, months, days, hours, minutes and seconds.  They
also handle local time and deal properly with leap seconds.  Details
are in the PDF file.

I am planning to update the software to include the latest research on
historical values of Delta T, but this version will work until I can
get to that.  I would appreciate any feedback you might have.

Since these subroutines handle leap seconds while expressing time using
UTC, you can use UTC rather than TAI as your time scale.

You said you are capturing meta-data about the devices from which you
capture time.  I feel that this is absolutely required, and I
congratulate you for doing this.
    John Sauter (JOhn_Sauter at systemeyescomputerstore.com)
--
PGP fingerprint E24A D25B E5FE 4914 A603  49EC 7030 3EA1 9A0B 511E