[LEAPSECS] Kinemetrics/Truetime WWVB model 60-dc?

Rob Seaman seaman at noao.edu
Mon May 2 12:16:09 EDT 2016

Howdy,

Anybody on leapsecs know about this WWVB format change from 2012? I have no memory of discussing this from the time, and I’m not finding anything searching the message stream. No answer yet from Time-nuts. Is this so well known that my question seems naive, or rather, was this change implemented with insufficient notice even to the folks on these two lists?

There’s also the section “Enhanced WWVB Broadcast Format Change” here:

	http://www.nist.gov/pml/div688/grp40/wwvb.cfm <http://www.nist.gov/pml/div688/grp40/wwvb.cfm>

There’s an excellent history of WWV[B|H]:

	http://tf.nist.gov/general/pdf/1969.pdf <http://tf.nist.gov/general/pdf/1969.pdf>

Which indicates (p.30) that Datum 9100-series time code generators from the 1970s were still being used as of 2005 in creating the WWVB signal.

Rob
—

Here’s another: http://www.nist.gov/pml/div688/grp40/upload/Bin-2719.pdf <http://www.nist.gov/pml/div688/grp40/upload/Bin-2719.pdf> – I most definitely would not have been paying any attention to WWVB issues during May 2014.