[LEAPSECS] private smear goes public

Brooks Harris brooks at edlmax.com
Wed Nov 30 22:06:49 EST 2016

Hi Tom,

Sure enough, it's there. I've got an SNTP client I built for Windows I
use for simple investigations. It connects to time.google.com just fine.
(And, by the way, shows a much shorter round-trip-delay than nist ntp
servers I've used).

One wishes announments like this were a bit more accurate. They say "...
we'll run the clocks 0.0014% slower across the ten hours before and ten
hours after the leap second ...", but I think it must be closer to
0.00138888 percent. I wonder what precision they use?

-Brooks