[LEAPSECS] Bloomberg announced its smear

Steve Allen sla at ucolick.org
Tue Sep 27 14:44:55 EDT 2016

On Tue 2016-09-27T11:31:57 -0700, Michael Shields via LEAPSECS hath writ:
> I think that would be a great idea.  There isn't time to get agreement
> for leap 37, but it would be very nice if smeared clocks agreed in the
> future.  After all, the point of having clocks, as opposed to interval
> counters, is for them to agree.

That should include all of the cloud providers mentioned on LEAPSECS
during the past day, plus all the financial markets and document
notarizing services around the world which were using different
schemes during the 2015 leap second.

What forum exists that can forge that kind of agreement?

--
Steve Allen                    <sla at ucolick.org>              WGS-84 (GPS)
UCO/Lick Observatory--ISB 260  Natural Sciences II, Room 165  Lat  +36.99855