[LEAPSECS] Leap seconds still broken

David Malone dwmalone at maths.tcd.ie
Sun Jan 1 07:09:24 EST 2017

Hi Ask,

> Meanwhile over in reality even the software that’s supposed to
> keep track of time basically still fails on leap seconds. Even some
> national standard time servers got it wrong.

> 	https://community.ntppool.org/t/leap-second-2017-status/59/

Do you have a record of how many machines in the pool seem to have
copies of the leap second file? I'd be interested to know, and if it
correlates with good or bad behaviour.

I've put some of my usual leap second measurementa at:

	http://www.maths.tcd.ie/~dwmalone/time/leap2016/

and updated my NTP graphs at:

	http://www.maths.tcd.ie/~dwmalone/time/leaps/

Interestingly, or local server saw a big surge in requests
in the 24 hours before the leap (again). Did anyone else see
that?

	David.