[LEAPSECS] alternative to smearing

Preben Nørager samp5087 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 07:57:16 EST 2017

We don't know how future generations will see the "problem", if leap
seconds are abolished. As generations today see it, the "problem" is that
without leap seconds the sun is getting ahead or behind the official
international timescale, so that the noon transit not normally will occur
around 12 midday. I think leap seaconds are to be abolished, as soon as
possible, and that we should leave to future generations the only logical
way to deal with that "problem". The only logical way is to continue
praksis, and let each sovereign nation individually decide, how many
minutes and/or hours its official time is ahead or behind the international
timescale. Currently the time in Denmark is 1 hour ahead of international
time (UTC), but I don't see any problem if future generations in Denmark
should decide, that Denmark instead of 1 hour, is 1 hour and 30 minutes, or
2 hours ahead. Great Britain, and other nations, should get used to a
constant difference between international time, and national time, but I
dont see why they should not live comfortably with that, like everybody
else.

Preben