[LEAPSECS] alternative to smearing

Robert Jones robert at jones0086.freeserve.co.uk
Wed Jan 11 18:04:45 EST 2017

Kaye and Laby (Tables of Physical and Chemical Constants, 15th Ed.,
1986, Longman - G.W.C. Kaye and T.H. Laby - ISBN 0-582-46354-8) states
that the year for which a mean solar day is 86,400.003 SI seconds was
circa 1984. According to the given long term rates of change and
assuming that this day length is exact, then in 1900 the mean solar day
would have been around 86,400.00132 seconds and in 2000 would have been
around 86,400.00332 seconds.