[LEAPSECS] alternative to smearing

Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Thu Jan 12 12:16:44 EST 2017

On Thu, Jan 12, 2017 at 9:12 AM, Clive D.W. Feather <clive at davros.org> wrote:
> Preben Nrager said:
>> If you don't care about Christ, and the church, I can understand why you
>> treat all timescales alike. But if you really care about the fundamental
>> timescale of science and society, then I don't see how you can ignore the
>> time of the incarnation.
>
> If you really want the fundamental timescale of society, then your zero
> point should be the date of the first creation of the world by his Supreme
> Noodliness the FSM.

While calendar discussions are interesting, and sometimes relevant to
leap seconds, I'm pretty sure that we've left the main area of this
list: the complete and total elimination of leap seconds in our
lifetime, or universal implementation of them in the face of many
difficulties that aren't obvious from first principles. :)

Warner