[LEAPSECS] BBC radio Crowd Science

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Mon Jan 30 00:55:46 EST 2017

> So there's a wide variety of formats. I'm working on a "best practices"
> document with a pile of examples of how it's done, and how to do it right.
> Also, lots of embarrassing examples from the web of how it's done wrong.

One format is likely to become quite popular.

As part of the time zone data package, the IETF/IANA is distributing the NIST
version of the leap seconds file used by NTP.
  http://www.ietf.org/timezones/data/leap-seconds.list

The IERS version is at:
  https://hpiers.obspm.fr/iers/bul/bulc/ntp/leap-seconds.list

Lots of info here:
  https://www.meinberg.de/download/burnicki/the_ntp_leap_second_file.pdf

The IETF/IANA also distributes a version of the file in a different format.
I assume it is more friendly to code that works with time zones.  One or both
formats are likely to appear on most computers.

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.