[LEAPSECS] BBC radio Crowd Science

Tony Finch dot at dotat.at
Mon Jan 30 08:06:39 EST 2017

Michael.Deckers. via LEAPSECS <leapsecs at leapsecond.com> wrote:

>    My point was that Arias' labeling makes it clear that the
>    latest discontinuity in TAI - UTC occurred when TAI assumed
>    the value 2017-01-01 + 36 s. The ITU labeling (nor any
>    other specification in ITU-T TF.460-6) does not imply the precise
>    instant of the discontinuity, nor does IERS Bulletin C52.

It's tricky. Bulletin C is pretty clear about when it thinks TAI-UTC
changes:

  from 2015 July 1, 0h UTC, to 2017 January 1 0h UTC   : UTC-TAI = - 36s
  from 2017 January 1, 0h UTC, until further notice    : UTC-TAI = - 37s

However, since there isn't any TAI time with a :60 seconds label, it
doesn't make much sense to have a defined delta for the last UTC second
of 2016.

Tony.
Cromarty: South or southeast 4 or 5 increasing 6 to gale 8. Slight or moderate
becoming rough or very rough later. Rain later. Moderate or good.