[LEAPSECS] BBC radio Crowd Science

Tony Finch dot at dotat.at
Mon Jan 30 09:14:10 EST 2017

Tom Van Baak <tvb at LeapSecond.com> wrote:

> > it doesn't make much sense to have a defined delta for the last UTC
> > second of 2016.
>
> No.
>
> So I see no reason or need to pick on "delta" as being in an
> indeterminate state during a leap second. We have enough exceptions with
> leap second handling as it is. Let's not create more confusion.

I think what I was trying to get at (as others have already said in this
thread) is that you can use the TAI-UTC delta to translate from UTC to TAI
during a leap second, but you need more information to make the inverse
translation.

Tony.
Lundy, Fastnet, Irish Sea: South or southeast 5 to 7, occasionally gale 8 in
Irish Sea, veering southwest 4 or 5 later. Moderate or rough, becoming very
rough in Fastnet. Occasional rain, fog patches at first. Moderate or good,
occasionally very poor at first.