[LEAPSECS] UT1 via NTP

Gary E. Miller gem at rellim.com
Mon Mar 19 16:26:39 EDT 2018

Yo Warner!

On Mon, 19 Mar 2018 14:12:40 -0600
Warner Losh <imp at bsdimp.com> wrote:

> > Looks to me about a kinda sort maybe 1 micro second per day shift.
> >

> Should be closer to 1ms/day. And it is: the above is 4.6ms in 6 days
> or 770us/day.

Yup, I read it wrong, you read it right.

Bulletin D, what is broadcast over WWV, is here:

https://datacenter.iers.org/eop/-/somos/5Rgv/latest/17

"From the 15 March 2018, 0h UTC until further notice, the value of DUT1
to be disseminated with the time signals will be DUT1 = +0.1 s"

It would be simple to mod an NTP client to download and apply that
correction.  No need for a new protocol.

RGDS
GARY
	gem at rellim.com  Tel:+1 541 382 8588