[LEAPSECS] current / future state of UT1 access?

Tom Van Baak tvb at LeapSecond.com
Tue Mar 20 14:18:36 EDT 2018

Reply from Judah below:
/tvb

----- Original Message -----
From: Levine, Judah Dr. (Fed)
Sent: Tuesday, March 20, 2018 6:49 AM
Subject: Re: [Non-DoD Source] Re: [LEAPSECS] current / future state of UT1 access?

Dear colleagues,
   The current UT1 time server has 550 users and is receiving about 10 requests per second. These are both extremely small numbers compared to my other servers. I cannot explain Rob Seaman’s experience. I routinely monitor all of the servers and do not see this problem. I have not received any other complaints about the service.
  In spite of all of this, there is no difficulty in adding a second UT1 time server at another location. From my perspective, the easiest solution would be to add the second UT1 server at WWV. The IP address of the new server would be 132.163.97.x. There are already 4 servers at this site with addresses 132.163.97.1-4, and I encourage the community to verify that these servers are available from a network perspective.

Judah Levine