[LEAPSECS] Windows 10 HOME leap second changes

GERRY ASHTON ashtongj at comcast.net
Thu Oct 25 10:54:13 EDT 2018

I was reading the two Microsoft blogs mentioned on the list in the last few days. The Windows time service seems to be w32tm. From the behavior of my laptop, I infer that this service is not normally running. I guess it is started when it's time to sync the clock to an NTP time server, and stopped when the syncing is finished. Does anyone know if that's true?

Does anyone know if the access to leap seconds by applications will be in home systems, or other systems that are not joined to a domain? (Not that I think such systems will have a serious need for such accuracy, but it might be interesting for tinkerers.)

Gerry Ashton