[LEAPSECS] Windows 10 time

Tony Finch dot at dotat.at
Mon Apr 15 07:46:15 EDT 2019

Brooks Harris <brooks at edlmax.com> wrote:
> On 2019-04-12 11:49 AM, Warner Losh wrote:
> >
> > Google + android might be able to get away with a change here, should
> > Google decide to cope, but since they already just smear I doubt the
> > idea would get enough traction to get the proper level of commitment
> > organizationally to make it happen.
>
> The challenge may be put upon them by new financial regulations.

What are the actual requirements in the regulations?

If you can set up everything to smear reliably then in principle (with
custom tzcode etc.) it should be possible to convert accurately between
smeared time_t and broken-down UTC with leap seconds. You'll get a bunch
of half-second errors from userland code that does its own time
conversions, though...

Tony.
Thames: Easterly 4 or 5, occasionally 6 in north. Slight or moderate. Fair.
Good.