[LEAPSECS] Executive Order on Strengthening National Resilience through Responsible Use of Positioning, Navigation, and Timing Services

Seaman, Robert Lewis - (rseaman) rseaman at email.arizona.edu
Thu Feb 13 09:47:01 EST 2020

Conceivably Ruth Belville might satisfy the language: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruth_Belville#/media/File:Ruth_Belville_1908.jpg
--

On 2/13/20, 7:37 AM, "LEAPSECS on behalf of Richard Langley" <leapsecs-bounces at leapsecond.com on behalf of lang at unb.ca> wrote:

    Yes, I don't think Mr. Trump came up with the language or even read it. ;-) Not sure where Canada stands on the subject at the moment (I'll enquire), but the U.S. effort might be driven by DoT through its Positioning, Navigation, and Timing (PNT) & Spectrum Management division under the Assistant Secretary for Research & Technology. Testing of alternative PNT systems is planned or already underway:
    https://www.gpsworld.com/gps-backup-demonstration-projects-explained/
    -- Richard

    | Richard B. Langley                            E-mail: lang at unb.ca         |
    | Geodetic Research Laboratory                  Web: http://gge.unb.ca/     |
    | Dept. of Geodesy and Geomatics Engineering    Phone:    +1 506 453-5142   |
    | University of New Brunswick                                               |
    | Fredericton, N.B., Canada  E3B 5A3                                        |
    |        Fredericton?  Where's that?  See: http://www.fredericton.ca/       |