Redcloth is ..

Anton J Aylward aja at si.on.ca
Fri Apr 28 21:09:06 EDT 2006

I've been looking at Dean Allen's Redcloth, which claims to incorporate
both Markdown and Textile, as implemented in Ruby by _why.
While the code is clear and readable, the boundary between markdown and
Textile is not.

The documentation says

# By default, Redcloth uses both Textile and Markdown formatting, with
# Textile formatting taking precedence. If you want to turn off Markdown
# formatting, to boost speed and limit the processor:
#
# class Redcloth::Textile.new( str )

However I can't find that class, which just makes me more confused about
what is Textile and what is Markdown. Is one an extension of the other?
Which way round? Or do they do quite separate things?

/anton