[ANN] Markdown.pl 1.0.2b7

Allan Odgaard 29mtuz102 at sneakemail.com
Wed Aug 30 02:15:57 EDT 2006

On 30/8/2006, at 8:06, John Gruber wrote:

> [...]

> Yeah, that fix has nothing to do with your performance gripe --

> that was a different, much, much worse performance bug.

Ah, no problem then :)

> Long-term I'm pretty sure I need a custom parser for identifying

> HTML blocks. This version is probably about as good as it'll get

> with Text::Balanced.

Was there an advantage to Text::Balanced? I know the previous parser
was sort of relying on first/last tag of the block to have lower
indent than the rest (with some fallback heuristic) -- but that would
normally be the case. This new use of Text::Balanced introduces
problems even with that formatting style, as my previously reported
example shows: