Maruku: a better Markdown interpreter for Ruby.

John Gruber gruber at fedora.net
Thu Dec 28 17:15:00 EST 2006

Andrea Censi <andrea at censi.org> wrote on 12/28/06 at 10:47 PM:

> > Yes. Something very similar to this is what I'm planning to add.

> ..which is? (I can't bear the suspense :-) )

I'm not holding back. What I mean is that I'm not certain.

I can't think of anything to complain about in the proposal from
2005, except that I don't like this:

Blah blah blah blah this is a
paragraph of text.

{#id_ref}

My gut feeling is that it'd have to be like this, with no blank
line:

Blah blah blah blah this is a
paragraph of text.
{#id_ref}

But as for the rest, I'd have to try it and live with it for a
while before declaring it finalized. Markdown's original syntax
changed a lot from my original concept after I tried it out in the
real world.

So maybe the actual syntax will be exactly like this proposal. But
I can't say for sure until after it's implemented and I see how it
works.

-J.G.