Maruku: a better Markdown interpreter for Ruby.

Jan Erik Moström lists at mostrom.pp.se
Sat Dec 30 19:46:41 EST 2006

Reply to A. Pagaltzis <pagaltzis at gmx.de> 06-12-30 17:17:

>That doesn't seem problematic to me. If you write documents that

>use features that are not part of Markdown, and the formatter

>documentation makes it clear that the features you are using are

>not part of Markdown, then you know what you are getting yourself

>into. I don't see what's bad about that.

Yes, and as I understand this is what John Gruber suggested.
Create/base any kind of markup on Markdown but only call it
Markdown if it's Markdown ... otherwise people are going to
confuse different versions of Markdown and complain about
implementations that doesn't work.

Let's not make mistake of having different versions of the same
language (remember for example early version of LaTeX and C).

jem