lean your head to the right

Jelks Cabaniss jelks at jelks.nu
Mon May 1 02:29:40 EDT 2006

Bowerbird at aol.com wrote:

> jelks said:

>> What a dumb idea. You should

>> lean your head to the right about 20 degrees,

>> to simulate the text.

That was Anton, not me. However, just to follow up (before John hopefully
and mercifully kills this thread), here are the comments the original
evoked:

> Be glad it wasn't bold and then you would have had to puff

> yourself up first.

and

> I wonder: does IPA, or any other current system of phonetic

> transcription, have a symbol for "lean forward approximately

> N degrees"?

That list, btw, is "Qalam"[1]. Very interesting -- if, that is, you find
writing systems interesting. The "/euphoria/" posts were a humorous aside;
the list overall is pretty academic.